Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Holy Mountain

I just finished watching The Holy Mountain...my first Alejandro Jodorowsky movie. I've had his movies on my "to see" list for almost two decades now. It's just been that they've been so hard to find, or when one could find it - it wasn't on Region 1.

Turns out the library has The Holy Mountain and El Topo. I checked this one out first, and finally got around to finishing it today.

I'm not going to say I understand 100% of it, but it's a true marvel to behold. Lots of alchemical/Kabbalistic/hermetic/Rosicrucian type of stuff in there, to be certain. I was totally blown away by trying to take it all in.

And, as an American, I have to say I recoiled at all of the full frontal and some of the more violent imagery. Even so, it's not the usual run of the mill movie, and there is something to be said for that. I can see why it's a cult movie.

Now, if I could just find that soundtrack....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?