Friday, August 31, 2007

Ideas for mixes

I recently picked up a new (to me) magazine, called Good. The bright background a picture of an AK-47 caught my eye when I was at Whole Foods. The mention of Bucky Fuller and an article on Mormons sealed the deal.

They apparently have ideas for various group projects in the back each issue, and last month's was for themed mixes. Being a fan of putting together mixes myself (I recently made one for the road that I called "UP" - as in upbeat.), my interest was peaked, so I went to their site to find others' mixes.

This one caught my eye, as it's in the same vein as my UP mix, and I also included Sly and the Family Stone on my mix:

Trenchtown Rock - Bob Marley
Caravan - Van Morrison
Dance To The Music - Sly & The Family Stone
The Beast And The Dragon Adored - Spoon
Uncle John's Band - The Grateful Dead
Play It All Night Long - Warren Zevon
The Late Greats - Wilco
Late In The Evening - Paul Simon
The Spirit Of Radio - Rush
Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
Rock & Roll - Velvet Underground
Old Time Rock And Roll - Bob Seger
Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry

Pretty cool idea - I'm surprised they didn't get more submissions. Okay, so the above is pretty common stuff, but I thought the 80's mix was an interesting idea, and definitely had a cool cover! Some of the 80's tracks I don't know, and when I do, I didn't know they were covered:

How Soon Is Now - t.A.T.u.
The Heart Of The Matter - India.Arie
Brass In Pocket - Kelis
Where Is My Mind - Nada Surf
This Charming Man - Stars
She Sells Sanctuary - Keane
Rock The Casbah - Solar Twins
Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want - Muse
Ghost In You - Mark McGrath
The Killing Moon - Nouvelle Vague
Under The Milky Way - Tearwave
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Fall Out Boy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?