Monday, December 11, 2006

Cool Idea: Sousveillance

Since this word popped up in two different places on the same day, and it's a cool word anyway, I thought I'd give it a mention. I think it was on BoingBoing I saw it and then later, as I continued reading the excellent book Worldchanging, I saw sousveillance again being discussed.

Sure, the idea isn't all that new, if anyone remembers Rodney King. An entire movie was made (Freeze Frame) in which a character conducts what is more or less sousveillance in order to absolve himself of any crimes in the future.

But with ever-increasing spying on citizens by virtually every government agency and every business, it's not surprising some people have decided to poke a stick in the eye of authorities by pointing out in an obvious and funny way just what is going on.

Comments:
Loveely blog you have
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?