Thursday, November 16, 2006

UCLA Tasering

So there was this tasering incident and even Olbermann covered it...I guess it's making the rounds because there is video.

I think most folks think police and security (or whatever paramilitary groups are calling themselves these days) are somehow super-human and above corruption, and this sort of thing is unusual. Listening to a podcast like Bad Cop, No Donut will quickly disabuse one of that notion.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I think the steroids are going to their heads. While I don't know that these people involved in this case are using, if one takes an honest look at just about any coverage of police, one can't help but notice how many look like dopers. I have no proof of course, I'm just saying. The idea that we had a sitting president calling for investigations into something as peripheral as baseball for steroid use is amazing when we have virtually none of our representatives calling for investigations into police for the same.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?