Saturday, October 14, 2006

Some Linux Successes

I've had some breakthroughs in the past few weeks. First, on the laptop, I was able to get what sounds like the proper volume by using a patch on the alsadriver code, compiling and installing.

My ongoing DVR project (installing MythTV) had some success, as well. A few weeks ago at a Linux group, I was given a projector my our gracious host to use. I was able to get X to go out via NTSC to the projector. Since there was no cable feed there to use, I couldn't test the other bits, and haven't set it up at home to try that part out yet, either. But it's getting there.

Comments:
BTW, you should install Amarok and give it a try with Mp3's. You'll have to install some extra xine foo (I believe) to get it to play "restricted" formats, but it's a really sweet audio player. I'd recommend using it with MySQL or PostgreSQL for the library back-end though (I'm using PGSQL).

Also, it integrates with last.fm. Last.fm is much more than just streaming music.. once you start feeding it what you're listening to it's pretty sweet..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?