Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Thoughts On Alan Watt's Theories

I've been listening for a little over a year to a podcast put on by Alan Watt - the podcast is called "Cutting Through The Matrix With Alan Watt". His web site is cuttingthroughthematrix.com. Let me say right up front that I don't actually believe this stuff - but I keep listening because of all the various sources that Alan Watt has apparently read over the years.

I do agree that there are conspiracies - but it doesn't make sense to me that there is one grand vision being executed over thousands of years. I think there are elite groups that think they are the capital-E "Experts" and capital-E "Elite" who are under the impression they were born to rule. However, I think these groups are small enclaves formed (and eventually wither) in a few generations.

I keep listening because I find all the data interesting - and how he chooses to interpret it. I think some of the data itself that he talks about is highly likely to be correct (although I don't know about the chemtrails and things of that nature) along with various writers' and speakers' quotes. I just don't follow him to the same conclusions.

My current thinking on Democrats & Republicans - barring a few differences on social issues, they don't seem that different in what they carry out. Notice both parties think bombing other countries in wars on nouns (Terrorism & Drugs) are legitimate actions. Both helped "reform" welfare. Both have similar opinions on corporate rule, and on and on. I don't think that's due to the Freemasons however. Instead, I think Chomsky's Propaganda Model is closer to the truth as to why the parties don't differ much, and why the corporate media doesn't have much range in opinion, either.

Anyway, he's definitely worth listening to, if not for his conclusions, at least for his references. Even if you listen with prejudice, it's sure to inject a little paranoia into your thinking. :)

Of course, I could be just one more member of the herd, deluded by the Great Work. There is always the possibility of being dead wrong.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?