Friday, September 22, 2006

Chomsky - Number One With a Bullet

This one is highly amusing - the up and coming contender for the latest American boogeyman Chavez is giving Chomsky more publicity than ever. After Chavez endorsed Chomsky's Hegemony or Survival, I thought I'd see just what the Amazon rankings on it were. Yesterday, when I checked it was at #3 for the paperback, and #19 for the hardcover.

I just checked, and the hardcover is now at #9 and the paperback is at #1.

I've read this some time ago, and seems to be usual fare for Chomsky. At some point, I'm going to have to do a rather long writeup on my feelings about Chomsky. The short version of that writeup is that I definitely think Chomsky is worth reading, and if you are too lazy or aren't much of a reader, definitely see one of the documentaries with him in it or one of his speeches - Distorted Morality(on Google Video) or another good one is Manufacturing Consent.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?