Sunday, July 02, 2006

Come And See

Come And See is another recommendation from someone over on the Viking Youth forums.

All I can say is...wow. Just...wow. I haven't been this mesmerized by a movie in some time. This movie is filled with scenes and imagery that I will never forget. I only saw Saving Private Ryan once, and didn't pay attention to the whole movie, but it's obvious that Spielberg is a fan of Come And See. I cannot believe I never heard of this movie before, and I wish I had seen it long ago. For some reason, even though it's rated 8.6 out of 10 on imdb.com, it's not on the top 250 list, even though movies on there in the 8.6 range from position 15 to 25.

One of the commenters on imdb.com seems to think this movie is propaganda - they complain that the Germans are made out to always be evil, etc., while the Russians are made to look always good. I don't think that's the case at all - the whole point of the movie seems to be just how anyone involved in war becomes dehumanized.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?