Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Weird Trillian Bug

So I started noticed the timestamps next to lines in a conversation were a few hours off. I started wondering why this just started to happen, since I've been using Trillian for years - I must have changed something that borked up Trillian somehow.

Hmm, what could it be? I tried thinking back to recent changes in system level stuff - aha! I had set an environment variable TZ for Perl. I tried unsetting that and running, and sure enough, the correct time displays again!

Here's a discussion thread about it over on Cerulean Studios forums.

What's odd is that you can see from the screenshots that not all times are incorrect. I wonder if they have different routines that do the same thing within their codebase...one that cues from TZ being set, and one that doesn't.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?