Monday, March 27, 2006

Parts: The Islandus Horror




So someone was telling me how great HDTV was (again). I of course said that sounds great, but where's the content. I don't watch sports, I don't watch local news, and the movie content when I've looked at the HDTV titles for on demand were, well, how to put it nicely? Ah, hell, why bother - they were shitty movies.

He begged to differ...and went on to discuss Island. I asked him I thought that movie was panned up one side and down the other? He said it was really great, and went on to describe the plot. It started sounding EXACTLY like Parts: The Clonus Horror to me, and I said so. He never heard of it. Anyway, awful, awful movie made brilliant by the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys. I saw Clonus Horror when I was really young and it sorta freaked me out, but I was 8 or 9 I think. Now, all I can think of is..."I'm coming to AMERICA!" - Neil Diamond style. See the MST3K version...you'll know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I think I'll stay away from this steamer...sure Scarlett is stunning - but from the director of Bad Boys I & II, Armeggedon and Pearl Harbor? Yawn. No thanks.

And I'll definitely be staying away from HDTV until I can watch good movies on it, and not just the latest turd that Hollywood squeezed out.

Oh, and I'm not the only one who's noticed this. Check out this write-up of how the original movie producers weren't even acknowledged for the big-budget release of the remake.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?