Thursday, February 16, 2006

Why Hollywood Can Really Suck

I think I've found one of the prime examples where Hollywood can totally botch things up. The Vanishing. Now, if you haven't seen this movie (the Dutch original-Spoorloos), and you are a horror/suspense fan, please, please, please, go to your library, NetFlix, or whatever and get it, and watch it.

To be fair, I've never seen the entire remake...but I was watching TV at work and saw that "The Vanishing" was on. Hm, this cannot be the same movie, because it looks much newer than that, and Kiefer Sutherland is in it. So I look in IMDB, and it is the same movie - but the American remake. Since I didn't think to set up my DVR at work to record, I thought I'd read the spoilers to see what the ending was. But now I don't really WANT to see it.


You see, get this: They gave it a Hollywood ending. Yep. The Dutch classic that freaked a lot of people out in its day was given a Hollywood ending. I don't want to give any spoilers for those who have not seen the original, but trust me, it doesn't have a Hollywood ending.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?