Monday, February 06, 2006

What Would Bill Hicks Say? (or: We-eeell, looks like we got ahselves ah reeeeder!)

I keep getting a recommendation from Amazon for What Would Bill Hicks Say whenever I'm browsing other stuff. Unfortunately, the libraries close to me do not carry it. I think I just might buy it once I finish my other stack of reading I have on my list.

It's so tragic the man died so early in life. There are just so many things that Bill Hicks can summarize in poignant and funny ways. I love his summation of gays in the military. You can check out some of his quotations in Wikipedia.

They missed some of the better ones, though. Here's a few more:


Ever noticed that people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved?



"My god I love everything! The heavens part, God reigned down gifts of forgiveness onto my being. Healing me on every level. Both psychically, mentally and emotionally. And I realised that our true natural spirit is not the body. That we are eternal beings, and God's love is unconditional. That there is nothing we ever do to change that. It is only our illusion that we are separate from God. Or that we are alone! In fact the reality is that we are one with God and he loves us." "Now if that isn't a danger to this country, I don't know what is. How are we going to keep building nuclear weapons? What's gonna happen to the arms industry, when we realise we are all one!? That's gonna fuck-up the economy. The economy that's fake anyway! Which would be a real bummer.. Yeah!"

"See why the governments are cracking-down on the idea of experiencing unconditional love!?"

Comments:
new Bill Hicks audio on 2nd page of mutant media at frequency23.org

you've never heard this before...guaranteed
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?