Saturday, February 25, 2006

HD Boycott

Saw this yesterday...the HD boycott is probably ultimately doomed, but the direction HD might take isn't looking good. I'm happy I didn't join all the early-adopter lemmings. In any case, until I can walk down to the library and get the HD equivalent of DVD, I'm just not interested. Cable doesn't offer HD content I'm really interested in as far as movies go, and I don't watch sports, so that's a non-starter for interesting me.

When you read some of the industry press, and read between the lines, you can see they are pretty annoyed that the American "consumers" aren't doing what they are told to fast enough for their tastes.

Every time I walk into Costco, I see giant displays facing the door screaming "HDTV"! Of course I take a look at them. To be honest, I'm underwhelmed. I guess I'm not doing my patriotic duty to buy up all the crap that I can afford. Don't get me wrong, I make a lot of money and have no debt (except for my house payment)...I could probably pay for some of these sets without even putting it on credit. I just don't want to.

I'm also starting to wonder if owning lots of stuff doesn't end up owning you, anyway, even if you aren't going into debt over it. I've certainly been trying to cut down on my time in front of the tube.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?